WEDDING HARP MUSIC
Alexandra Hanna specialises in providing a delightful ambiance making your event an exceptional occasion.
As a performer, she specialises in playing classical repertoire, but also likes to include sacred, movie themes and traditional (Celtic) music in her playlists. While she generally plays as a soloist, she has also collaborated with various other artists such as cellists, violinists, flutists and singers as well as playing with a chamber orchestra.
Alexandra’s musical education began on the piano at the age of six, but her first encounter with the harp came when she was nine years old. It was in the lobby of the hotel where her family was staying that she first saw a harp being played. She was struck by the sound and beauty of the instrument, and as the desire did not diminish, began lessons three years later.
Her studies were conducted with Susana Remeny-Prentice, president of the American Harp Society’s Toronto chapter and Lori Gemmel, principal harpist of the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony and faculty member at Wilfrid Laurier University.
For over ten years her performance has ranged from small private functions to playing for large corporate events, such as the International Boat Show, Canada Blooms festival, and Canada Health Infoway.
Since moving to Northern Ireland, she has had opportunities to play at Montalto House for the Irish president and other visiting dignitaries, at the Braid Arts Center for Mr. Liam Neeson (OBE), and at various other functions.
All performances are played on a gold Lyon and Healy concert grand harp.
If you’re looking for wedding harp music please contact us for more details about Alexandra and pricing for your event.
- La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin (The Girl with the Flaxen Hair), Debussy
- Solfeggietto, KPE Bach
- Giga, Corelli
- Anne’s Theme, Hardy
- The Little Fountain, Pratt
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desising, JS Bach
- Angel’s Hymn, Barnwell
- Canon in D, Pachelbel
- Sheep May Safely Graze, JS Bach
- Arioso, JS Bach
- Pavane, Wachs
- Fire Dance, Watkins
- Guitare, Op. 50, Hasselmans
- Rondeau, Mouret
- Reverie, Hasselmans
- Petite Berceuse, Hasselmans
- Angelus, Renie
- Largo (from Concerto in D major, RV 93), Vivaldi
- Lullaby, Barnwell
- Aria (from Lascia ch’io pianga from Rinaldo), Handel
- Chanson I, Dubez
- Chanson II, Dubez
- Rigaudon, Rameau
- Nocturne in E flat, anon.
- Siciliana, Grandjany
- Prelude No. 1, JS Bach
- Bridal Chorus (from Lohengrin), Wagner
- My Heart Will Go On (from the Titanic), Horner
- Trumpet Voluntary, Purcell
- Summer Sunset, Alcon
- The Homecoming, Hardy
- La Source (Etude) Op. 44, Hasselmans
- Priere, Hasselmans
- The Gypsy Fire Dance, Chalmers
- Automne, Grandjany
- Aria and Rigaudon, Kirchhoff
- Breuddwd y Frenhines (The Royal Dream), Traditional Welsh
- Craig y Tyle (Winter Has Come), Traditional Welsh
- Llwyn Onn (The Ash Grove), Traditional Welsh
- Fanny Power, Turlough O’Carolan
- Planxty Drew, Turlough O’Carolan
- George Brabazon, Turlough O’Carolan
- Elenor Plunkett, Turlough O’Carolan
- My Love is Like A Red, Red Rose, Scotland
- Farewell, Highlands of Scotland
- Trip to Sligo/Lark on the Strand, Ireland
- Sir Charles Coote, Turlough O’Carolan
- Wild Mountain Thyme, Scotland
- Be Thou My Vision, Irish hymn tune Slane
- It Is Well With My Soul, Bliss
- Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling, Thompson
- There Is A Fountain, Early American Melody
- Prelude on “Rhosymedre”, Welsh hymn tune
- Fairest Lord Jesus, Silesian Melody
- Spirit Of God, Descend Upon My Heart, Atkinson
- Jesus, The Very Thought of Thee, Dykes
- Breathe On Me, Breath Of God, Jackson
- Praise the Lord, Justice
- Amazing Grace, Early American Melody
- What A Friend We Have In Jesus, Converse
- In The Garden, Miles
- Jesus Loves Me, Bradbury
- Children of the Heavenly Father, Swedish Folksong
- He Leadeth Me, Bradbury
- Blessed Assurance, Knapp